Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

4.20.2010

Because aparantly I like drama...

Praise the Lord for the second trimester. Aside from some AWESOME (not) round ligament pain that keeps switching sides, I have been feeling GREAT. Work is going well, Ben and I are just laughing all the time, the weather is getting awesome, and Max is moving all the time now. Best. Feeling. Ever.

We still need to get out butts in gear and play some "musical rooms" to get the Max's room ready, but we have a plan in place... kind of.

So today I was finishing up my day at an office near Oakbrook. My left side is currently on rotation for being in pain so I had taken things a bit slower today. I was getting ready to throw my sample bag in my trunk and as I open the gate, a full case of Patanase (+/- 15lbs... maybe more) starts to teeter out of the trunk. I try to grab it and end up rolling my ankle in the process, only for the box to fall edge first on said foot that had just rolled inside-out. I didn't even really react because I've been so dumb lately I don't think I really believed what happened.

I was still near a Doc's building so I hobbled in and asked for an ice pack. The receptionist looked at me strangely until she saw my protruding belly and then quickly grabbed me one of those smack-packs that stays cold for oh, 12 minutes. It was kind of funny because she didn't really say much- just gave me the ice pack and asked if I needed anything else. I thanked her and said no, and then hobbled back to my car.

After about 20 minutes with the ice, it was still really swollen and bruising, so I called my OB because, well, that's what you do when you're pregnant I guess (?). They said to just run over to the local Immediate Care center and if they needed to do X-rays, it was fine b/c it was on an "extremety" (aka, a foot), and posed little to no risk to Maxers.

So I drove the 40 minutes home to the Immediate Care by our house and a pleasant (NOT) 2 hours later left on crutches and splinted up. The Doc said the radiologist wants me to go to an Orthopedic Doc tomorrow because they couldn't tell if there was a hairline fracture, but it's just serious enough that even if there isn't, I might need to wear an air cast/splint for the rest of my pregnancy because (as some of you may know) a side-effect of being PG is looser ligaments that, when injured, taken longer to heal. AWE. Some.

So I am now that preggo girl on crutches (who, consequently, tore a ligament in her belly because it did NOT want to stretch as fast as Max was growing).

So I say again, at least this crap is happening in my 2nd Trimester because I'm so darn mental I don't have time to care :)

Belly pics from weeks 23 & 24 tomorrow!

2 comments:

Mandy said...

Pull up a seat next to me in negative town. We are quite the pair between ur foot and my outie. Freak. Show

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry you broke your foot! Hope the swelling is going down and you're not in too much pain : ( Love you! Aunt Linda