Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

5.07.2011

I couldn't make this stuff up if I tried...

So yesterday I go outside because I hear the dogs fighting with each other, and as I go to pull them apart, I see a tiny baby squirrel laying on its side. I'm not sure if it's dead, but it was so very small, and very apparent that he was the reason for the fighting. I get a bit closer and see that he is, in fact alive, and start yelling, "Run baby squirrel, run!" as I scoop Athena up and grab Titan by the scruff.

After I get Athena in the house, I go back to grab Titan, who now has the little thing in his mouth. I start yelling at him to put it down, which he does, and yell again, "RUN BABY SQUIRREL!!! NOW'S YOUR CHANCE!!!" (S)he finally runs under the grill and I get Titan inside.

I'm quite certain this is the last we've seen of this poor creature- either (s)he has internal bleeding from my dogs thinking s/he is a chew toy, or we've scared it half (or all the way) to death.

BUT... as Ben is getting Max ready to leave today, he hears them barking again and goes outside to find them both around Baby Squirrel, and Baby Squirrel PLAYING BACK. Titan was actually the one trying to mouth it, so he had to be called off. But Athena was so sweet!!! I wonder if she thinks it's a puppy...



So we will keep an eye out because now I'm afraid its Mother abandoned him/her... what do we do then????

Oh my goodness, life is never dull around here!

1 comment:

Kelly said...

Love this video!!!!