Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

5.04.2011

39 in, 39 out...

Baby Max,

My how time flies. You are 9 months old today, 39 weeks to be exact. And 39 weeks ago, you were born at 39 weeks gestation. 39 in, 39 out...

August 5th, 2010- 1 day old :)

Much to my dismay, the time you have been here has passed WAY quicker than the time passed when I was pregnant. And I loved being pregnant. But man, do I LOVE being your Mama.

Easter 2011

These 9 months have seen some of our highest of highs and lowest of lows. We lost one of our CYT students last month, and I don't know that I've ever cried more or held you tighter than I did during that time. You finally started sleeping through the WHOLE night, and wouldn't you know it, I'd go in around 11pm and scoop your little body into my arms and just stare at you. Sometimes I'd cry, sometimes I'd smile and try not to laugh, other times I'd just nod off :) But I NEEDED you in my arms, to know you were safe, to feel you breathing, to soak up every second I could.

From one of our late-night Mama-induced snuggles. Totally pissed you off with the flash. Whoops.

I was so aware of how fleeting life was- and so aware that, although you are mine and your Daddy's tiny human, you are on loan from our Heavenly Father. I look at you and just can't believe God is trusting me with you. And each night as we pray, I beg God to let us live a long and happy life together. I don't want to constantly live in fear, but I just can not imagine life without you. You are amazing.




And then, we move into my Mother of the Year moments, most recently when you managed to roll off of your changing table and get your first black eye. Oh my goodness, I don't think I've ever been more scared in my life. I rushed you to the ER, and after a CAT scan and observation, you were SO unfazed and no worse for the wear. Initially your eye actually didn't look too bad, but as the days have passed, you have developed a shiner even your Daddy is jealous of :) After many hours of beating myself up, Daddy and I decided to commemorate the event by dressing you up in your Blackhawks jersey and toting one of Daddy's hockey sticks and pucks to the photo studio. The shots from that day are probably some of my favorites you've ever taken.






We have had many outings, lots of play-time, and just general joy all around. Most significantly, you are TOTALLY on the move. You can scoot like a pro, and you spin on your belly like it's your job. Our life is changing FAST as we are starting to child-proof, gate-off, duct-tape, etc.



Your newest thing is going STRAIGHT for the dog bowls and grabbing a handful of dog food if I can't get to you fast enough. Yum.

You are loving each bite of food you get, and have tried so many new things! The more you try, the messier you get, and I just love watching you learn how to feed yourself and discover new foods.

Eating puffs off the floor :)

Devouring a teething biscuit.

You are just so much more active, such a willing and able participant in your own life, and you are such a joy to be around. This next video is a bit long, but it shows just how much fun you are, how you never stop smiling, and how your laugh is contagious. I love you so much my little Max!!!







No comments: